Oh, what joy FALL brings my heart! I love everything about this season... the crisp cool weather, the rainy days, changing colors of the leaves, the smells of pumpkin spice and caramel, sweatshirts, scarves, boots, knitting, hot tea, baking! You name it about Fall, I love it. :)
I am especially loving getting to experience an Iowa Fall for the very first time. Even though it's not exactly like the amazing Fall in Colorado... it is just as beautiful in it's own way. What I've loved the most about Fall in Iowa so far is getting to watch the beautiful crops of soy beans and corn change color... the tops of them looking yellowish and purple-ish. I especially love driving on the highway when the sun is setting, it makes the crops breathtaking!
Not only am I starting to love Fall here, but I'm beginning to love life here in Iowa. Yes, it is still a different life (and a temporary one!), but it is all good.
My family and I have started getting into the routine of things around here. Even though this isn't our "destination", we're beginning to feel temporarily settled. It's a good feeling! The boys and I started school a few weeks ago, I'm able to bake to my heart's content (thank you Grandma!!!), take long walks through the grove on the farm or on the gravel road, snuggle up with tea and a good book, skype with friends, etc. All of these things have been wonderfully refreshing! It's been great to just have time to focus on school and do all of these things.
You want to know what the high light of this quiet life has been so far, though? My long times with Jesus that I get every day. I am loving getting to spend hours with Him, reading His word, talking with Him, being in His presence. He is truly using this time to teach me, humble me, renew me and grow me. My heart is so full with Him! He is fulfilling my every need in the midst of feeling lonely. He is showing me that He is enough. I am so grateful.
Here is a passage that describes well what God is doing in my heart:
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body, you were called to peace. And be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)
It has not been easy to feel at peace about our situation and wanting to go to Slovakia soon. It also hasn't been easy regarding loneliness. But God is gently reminding me every day of His grace and His plan that is so perfect. He has blessed me with some new friends through church and youth group. He's also blessed me with the opportunity to serve in AWANA... which I am loving! He provides.
This last weekend my Mom, along with our friend Kris Johnson and her daughter Rachel and I were able to road trip it to Chicago to visit their daughter/sister and my sister at Moody. It was such a refreshing and beautiful trip! I loved getting to fellowship with my Mom and the Johnsons on the way, and spend time with my sister and them all in Chicago. God blessed every conversation and experience that we were able to have on that trip! He knew exactly what I was needing and provided sweet fellowship.
Our God is so good! Our time in Iowa has been blessed...not always easy... but blessed!
"I have told you these things so that in ME you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
Here is a picture of the Johnson girls (minus Rachel) and the Chase girls enjoying Chicago! We loved our time with them!

Ah, what a Savior we serve, my friend. You are in my prayers. Love you!
ReplyDelete~Melanie