So, today I "took His advice" and soaked in the peace of the cloudy day. I got into my sweats and headed to an eye appointment with my Mom.
Thankfully, almost every member of the Chase family (except for Dad) has always had 20/20 vision. However, since my family is moving to Slovakia in a few months, we thought it would be good to get our eyes checked and see how they're doing before we head out on this new adventure. So, this morning was mom's and my turn to get our eyes checked.
As Mom and I were sitting in the doctor's office getting our eyes dilated, we carried on a conversation with the sweet nurse who was assisting us. At first, I didn't find anything interesting about the eye appointment and thought it was just another check up that was being checked off the "check list". But when my mom started talking casually about how incredible the human eye actually is, she said something that hit me. She said to the nurse, "I don't understand how someone can look at the human eye and not believe that there is a God." I never really thought about how incredible and mysterious the human eye actually is until she said that. Think about how the eyes work. Every little ray and part of each eye is working to make it do it's job. It's all set in the exact place that it should be to form one beautiful body part that allows humans to see this amazing world! The amazing thing is, it could not just BE this way without Somebody performing this glorious handiwork. We can't fully comprehend why eyes work the way they do, but we can take delight in knowing that there is a Creator - and He is surely creative. It was a special moment for me to thank God for reminding me how DETAILED He is and that those tiny details of the eye are so important for my eyes to function. He knows exactly how to take care of us! :)
After our eye appointment was finished, I walked out of that building into the wonderful snowy weather feeling so thankful. (and a little blurry eyed after the dilation!). Not so much because I knew my eyes were still healthy and that I didn't need glasses, but because God revealed to me during that appointment how creative He is. I now have a new found appreciation for my eyes and how God knows the inner-most details of them!
It's amazing how God can reveal Himself to us in the simplest of ways. Today it was through a Spring snow fall and an eye exam.
Beautiful, Haley! I can't wait to see what you write next.
ReplyDeleteLove this DEAR Granddaughter - LOVE U PSOMMM
ReplyDeleteHaley...I never knew you were a writer! Love the insight you showed today (no pun intended).
ReplyDelete