As most of you know, yesterday was "Good Friday", the set apart day every year that Jesus Christ's death is remembered and celebrated. Ever since I can remember, I've attended "Good Friday" services at my church two days before Easter. And every time, I gain a deeper love for my Savior. Each "Good Friday" memory that I have is so precious to me. It has always been a time where the body of Christ comes together to worship Jesus for humbling Himself and sacrificing His life on our behalf. I wish we could have "Good Friday" services more often! From the worship portion of the evening to the Pastor reading the story of Jesus' death from God's word, it is one of the richest experiences one could have. To gather with fellow Believers and praise Christ for dying on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. It is a beautiful picture to see the King who is SO worthy of our praise and adoration, be lifted high.
There are so many different and overwhelming emotions that come when I remember the day Jesus died...
Hurt - knowing that those He came to die for were the ones hanging Him on the cross and torturing Him.
Guilt- knowing that the most Deserving died for the most undeserving.
Gratefulness- knowing that He died out of pure love for His children.
Joy- knowing that He has Risen and that through His death, He has made a way for His children to spend eternity in Heaven with Him.
While I am experiencing all of these emotions at once, I wonder "How can I ever repay this Man who so willingly offered up His life for me?" I will never be able to pay Him back. That's why He did it. He knew that because I am such a sinner, I would never be able to pay the price for my sin and experience eternal life with Him forever. So He obeyed His Father, and came to earth to show all of mankind Truth and to set them free from sin. Praise be to Jesus, my sin is paid for! What does He ask of me in return? To let Him live in my heart and have relationship with Him. To follow Him with an undivided heart and to keep the faith and press on all the way Home to Heaven.
I want to take this beautiful message to the world, that if indeed you place your faith in Jesus Christ and ask Him into your heart, you will have eternal life in Heaven with Him. God's word says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him may not perish but have everlasting life."(John 3:16). I pray that all will hear this message of Truth and that all will worship and love the One who died for them. He is so worthy.
Here are the lyrics to what has become one of my favorite songs. I hope these bless you as much as they have blessed me. Let us praise our Savior together! ( I posted the link to the song on Youtube at the bottom of the lyrics, if you would like to listen to the song.)
"How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure.
That He should give His only Son,
and make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away.
As wounds which mar the Chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory.
Behold the Man upon the cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life,
I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything,
Not gifts, no power, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I can not give an answer!
But this I know with ALL my heart,
His wounds have paid my ransom.
Listen to this song~

Thank you DEAR Haley for conveying the only message of HOPE for the world in such a wonderful way! PSOMMMMM
ReplyDelete